New users

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New users

Post  Toasted_311 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:18 am

Will have to be ok'd by an admin from here on out. Since the hack I feel this might help some. I'll try to stay on top of new users and I hope Twin and Smokey can help as well. Sorry for any delays this might cause

Thanks
Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-12-14

http://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: New users

Post  twin1300 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:36 am

You the man toasted!

Thanks...............Valk

aka....Senior Vader...(giving to me by my friends) Vader

http://www.hickmachine.com/ I got the CTR and love it!

VTXDS # 5
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689

Back to top Go down

cannot post pics

Post  poppop on Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:24 pm

have done all the e mail and everything when i try to post pic,s it pops up terms of service after a couple of try,s is it me or what im not a puter genus but usally get through things like that help!!!poppop thanks everyone my v max tire came today going to the darkside soon 165/80 15post pic.s soon i hope poppop
poppop

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-09-29

Back to top Go down

thanks

Post  poppop on Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:20 pm

i can,t understand ,if i was able to do it i wouldn,t have the heart why give greif the world is tuff enough,hacking darkside forum, our any other.my late father allways said if you can,t help someone then at least leave them alone Sad
poppop

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-09-29

Back to top Go down

new to the sight

Post  rocketeerman on Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:53 pm

Howdy to all, Brand new to the sight. Have been looking @ the darkside sense I 1st got my RocketIII. So far I like eveything I see. Its not a matter of if, just waiting on the metzler to wear down. Cant wait. I'm looking @ several different makes as Ive been checking out R3owners.com darkside thread, but leaning heavily on the General Exclaim UHP 225/50R-16 92Z BSW. It has very good traction & temp ratings. It also has a good speed rating.(check out discounttire.com). If anybody has run or knows anybody that has run one.Any & all knowledge would be greatly appreciated. Also I'm looking for a shop to do the swap. I live in the DFW, Texas area. I'm sure i"ll have many more questions to follow.

rocketeerman

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 on Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:04 pm

rocketeerman wrote:Howdy to all, Brand new to the sight. Have been looking @ the darkside sense I 1st got my RocketIII. So far I like eveything I see. Its not a matter of if, just waiting on the metzler to wear down. Cant wait. I'm looking @ several different makes as Ive been checking out R3owners.com darkside thread, but leaning heavily on the General Exclaim UHP 225/50R-16 92Z BSW. It has very good traction & temp ratings. It also has a good speed rating.(check out discounttire.com). If anybody has run or knows anybody that has run one.Any & all knowledge would be greatly appreciated. Also I'm looking for a shop to do the swap. I live in the DFW, Texas area. I'm sure i"ll have many more questions to follow.

Post up on the Rocket thread off the front page. There are several members there that will fill you in. Welcome to the site.

See you out there
Smokey

Life's short, work hard, play harder and ride it like it's yours.

Wringing your hands just prevents you from rolling up your sleeves.

1300C with too many to list and the list keeps changing.
Currently running Hydroedge 205-70-15

carb tuning help by scar http://www.vtxcafe.com/showthread.php?t=1914
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451

Back to top Go down

Another newbie here. Wants to daarkside a Buell-better stock up on cookies!

Post  BillyO on Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:39 am

Maybe this will be a first.
I've just about worn out the rear tire on my Buell Ulysses. Has anyone tried to darkside a Buell before?
I am happy with PR2's on my Firebolt but I use the Uly for a mix of trips, slabs, and country roads but not aggressive twisties so I've been researching the possibility of running a CT. I've ridden a V-star 1100 with a CT and was very impressed and am planning to go darkside with my 1100 when I wear out the rear tire but most of my time is on the Buells so the miles are just not adding up too quickly on the V-star so I'm dying to give it a go on the Uly.
The FJR forum discussion was what made me finally decide that the darkside isn't just for cruisers anymore. I actually read every post-wow!
Problem is, the section width must be under 8" because the cuttent tire is 7.25"wide and ther is .375" between the tire and the drive belt. Ive read that that sect. width decreases .2" for each .5" narrower the rim (the tire will be mounted on) than the rim size tested, so the Yokohama ADVAN S.4 looks like it may fit with .2" of clearance.
The questions I have are: 1)Is the information about decreasing sect. width correct in the real world? 2)How much does the sidewall deflect at points other than the bottom near the road surface, e.g. where the belt passes? and 3)Has anyone tried darksiding a Buell yet? I could probably use 1/8" spacers at the front and rear sprockets and at the tensioning pulley but unless the spacers were perfect it could spell disaster for the belt so I don't really want to go there.
I get hard time for using dynabeads on the Buell forum so if the darkside works out I'll get crucified over there!!! Should be fun.
Thanks for any ideas and sorry for the long introduction.

BillyO

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post  nodakbassmaster on Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:43 pm

I can't help you with an answer, but you might get more hits on the general board than here... I'd move it for you if I could. Welcome to the board Cool

nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  BillyO on Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:29 pm

Thanks, I'll try post it in General. Your little video clip is the definition of FRUSTATION-no matter how many times you watch it, it's never gonna happen!

BillyO

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-07-05

Back to top Go down

New to the forum

Post  kf4ocj on Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:08 pm

Just wanted to introduce myself,been on the vtxoa for a while,and now wanting to go to the darkside,riding an 03 1800s tried before to mount the ct to the spoke wheel with no luck.Hoping for the info I need from here to,gitter done

kf4ocj

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer on Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:13 pm

Well, post a thread and tell us what the problem is. We all like to help.
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 on Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:30 am

kf4ocj wrote:Just wanted to introduce myself,been on the vtxoa for a while,and now wanting to go to the darkside,riding an 03 1800s tried before to mount the ct to the spoke wheel with no luck.Hoping for the info I need from here to,gitter done

Welcome sir and thanks for checking in.

What tire are you trying to mount and size? Did you seal the rim or use a tube?

.................bobby

VTXDS # 5
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hick323 on Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:53 pm

HI all, I guess this is the correct to make my first post. I ride a 2007 GL1800 and I've put 45k on it so far. I went to the dark side last year and put 26k on my first rear CT. It's a Kumo 195 RF. That first Kumo blew out at the end of its life with 26k on it, and I was still able to ride it another mile to get it off the highway. I was going 7mph when it blew and hardly noticed it. When I got down under 40mph it was almost impossible to hold onto, but I managed.

I just put my second Kumo RF on and I think I'll only take it to about 20k. I don't want another blow out. Before you tell me how stupid I am for riding on a tire this worn, forget it. I've already told myself that. This is my first flat with 40 plus years of riding motorcycles behind me.
[img][/img]

Hick323

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Hey everybody

Post  jaarch on Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:49 pm

Long time lurker and I just went Darkside (see my posts in the general and VTX1300 Tech sections). I have been on the VTXOA since '06 and I am a member of several other sites as well. Anyway, I'm looking for many miles out of my CT and I'll be hanging around for a while.

Joe

jaarch

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2010-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  nodakbassmaster on Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:25 pm

shoot, mine is more worn that one! Shocked

nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer on Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:41 am

This is not good. This makes for 2 DS failures so far, and we wanted a perfect record.
That said, the first was a Khumo runflat that was run flat.
The second is a Khumo runflat that was run long. But I still don't see why it blew out like that, unless...it's Khumos that are at fault.
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc on Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:59 am

quadancer wrote:This is not good. This makes for 2 DS failures so far, and we wanted a perfect record.
That said, the first was a Khumo runflat that was run flat.
The second is a Khumo runflat that was run long. But I still don't see why it blew out like that, unless...it's Khumos that are at fault.

I suspect that it wasn't mileage that caused this second Khumo to fail, it was that it didn't have enough air pressure in it. A runflat's side wall is stiff so it can hold the vehicles weight, but it does flex where it meets the tread. Without sufficient pressure in the tire this is the area that overheats and fails when it is continued to be run, especially at speed.
This is the reason I don't recommend runflats to anybody that doesn't have a tire presure monitoring system.

2012 Goldwing Candy Red
Michelin Alpin PA3 195/55/16   The Darkside... Ain't nothin' but a rubber thang...  Vader
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 on Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:22 pm

I suspect that it wasn't mileage that caused this second Khumo to fail, it was that it didn't have enough air pressure in it. A runflat's side wall is stiff so it can hold the vehicles weight, but it does flex where it meets the tread. Without sufficient pressure in the tire this is the area that overheats and fails when it is continued to be run, especially at speed.
This is the reason I don't recommend runflats to anybody that doesn't have a tire presure monitoring system.

Me either...I don't recommend "run flats" for anyone!

Not enough warning before a failure and our regular car tires will give you warning!

.......................bobby

VTXDS # 5
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

papasur lookin to DS

Post  M H papasurf on Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:01 am

Greetings , I am really looking forward tp turning to the DARKSIDE. Talked to tire EXPERTS & got the usual I'm sure. Although one guy a rider surprise was quite open and helpful. (thanks Jim). Only concern seems to be rim width on the" secratary " '96 VULCAN 800A thanks MH papasurf

M H papasurf

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2010-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 on Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:20 am

M H papasurf wrote:Greetings , I am really looking forward tp turning to the DARKSIDE. Talked to tire EXPERTS & got the usual I'm sure. Although one guy a rider surprise was quite open and helpful. (thanks Jim). Only concern seems to be rim width on the" secratary " '96 VULCAN 800A thanks MH papasurf

Congrats and welcome to our site! Make yourself at home!

....................bobby

VTXDS # 5
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  06 VTX on Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:19 pm

Toasted_311 wrote:Will have to be ok'd by an admin from here on out. Since the hack I feel this might help some. I'll try to stay on top of new users and I hope Twin and Smokey can help as well. Sorry for any delays this might cause

Thanks
Very Happy

06 VTX + Eric Delana Just became a member on your site, and ridding on the dark side now !! Just just a little different, But pretty Kool !!!

Just thought I'd drop you a line to say Hello to all !

06 VTX

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc on Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:23 pm

06 VTX wrote:
06 VTX + Eric Delana Just became a member on your site, and ridding on the dark side now !! Just just a little different, But pretty Kool !!!

Just thought I'd drop you a line to say Hello to all !

Welcome 06VTX, there are a couple of us here from Oklahoma. Very Happy

2012 Goldwing Candy Red
Michelin Alpin PA3 195/55/16   The Darkside... Ain't nothin' but a rubber thang...  Vader
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Tucci on Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:09 pm

Hello everyone, my name is Tucci. Been riding dark for a thousand miles or so and lovin it. Learned a lot about Darksiding on the YMF website and only stumbled across you site when I Googled 'Darkside motorcycle' to see what come up since thats what I tell people when they ask me what the heck Darkside means on my vest patch. That's all I tell them, google it and if you still want to talk about it stop me next time you see me and let me enlighten you. I'm 52, been riding everything imaginable since my middle twenties. I'm currently on a Yamaha Vstar 1100 Silverado. Running the Altimax 195/65/15 and wow do I love what it's done to my ride....awesome!
Tucci

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2011-04-20

Back to top Go down

Run Flats

Post  Tshirtmeister on Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:51 pm

Im runnin the dunlop wintersport run flat but i did install a TPMS and its great im gonna stay with the run flat as long as i can get them. That tire lloks like it was run with no air too long.I worked for goodyear and have seen eagles do that if they were run for over 50-100 miles with no air. Paul

Tshirtmeister

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2011-06-26

http://www.a1colrs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 on Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:39 pm

Tucci wrote:Hello everyone, my name is Tucci. Been riding dark for a thousand miles or so and lovin it. Learned a lot about Darksiding on the YMF website and only stumbled across you site when I Googled 'Darkside motorcycle' to see what come up since thats what I tell people when they ask me what the heck Darkside means on my vest patch. That's all I tell them, google it and if you still want to talk about it stop me next time you see me and let me enlighten you. I'm 52, been riding everything imaginable since my middle twenties. I'm currently on a Yamaha Vstar 1100 Silverado. Running the Altimax 195/65/15 and wow do I love what it's done to my ride....awesome!

Congrats and welcome sir!

..................bobby

VTXDS # 5
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next