Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My opinion after over 3,000 miles (so far)

3 posters

Go down

My opinion after over 3,000 miles (so far) Empty My opinion after over 3,000 miles (so far)

Post  Just Steve Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:23 pm

Started @ 36 psi. (was told that was break in pressure for about 300 miles)............... Anyway, went down to 34, then 32, and am stabilized @ 30 psi.
Loving THIS tire to death. (I"m running what everyone else is running, the dunlop sport 5000/whatever).
Seriously tho, after the 'first cruise' jitters, I"ve grown so accustomed to the tire it's second nature. Only thing I noticed from the git go, is you have to 'push the bike' thru the corners. A natural movement after the first day with the tire.
Other then that, momma even notices how much SMOOTHER the bike rides with the DS tire on.
Braking? You will NOT lock up that tire. (well, maybe IFyou were alone, and hanging over the handlebars, then MAYBE). Acceleration? I did a little improumptu 'burnout', Iwell, not a burnout, I just revved it up a hair and dropped the clutch for a sec. Enough to leave a nice BIG black mark in his driveway. I think if a person poured some water down, (like @ the drags.........(I have a little experience with that setup), then maybe a burnout could be done, but that would kind of take away EVERYTHING that this DS tire was purchased for.............Longevity................duh.

Bottom line, I wish to hell I'd of purchased the DS tire after the FIRST MC tire wore out.................................................. bounce

Just Steve

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

My opinion after over 3,000 miles (so far) Empty Re: My opinion after over 3,000 miles (so far)

Post  jedishon Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:30 pm

Steve, welcome to the site. Glad you found your sweet spot in the psi department.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

My opinion after over 3,000 miles (so far) Empty Re: My opinion after over 3,000 miles (so far)

Post  Just Steve Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:44 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome.
Yeah, can't say enough GOOD things about that tire!!!!!

Just Steve

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  horseman8m Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:07 pm

Thanks for the write up , and Welcome to the best forums on the net and welcome to the Darkside ,
I was 3000 miles late on that last welcome. Very Happy Smile
Smile Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Laughing Smile Very Happy Laughing
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down