Darkersiders? in Austin, Texas

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Darkersiders? in Austin, Texas

Post  Flintknapper on Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:56 pm

I'm going to the darkside, and I have a 02' 1800C; from want I have been reading, the Michelin 205/65/16 is the tire I want. Can someone please answer a few questions I have?

Will I need to modify anything on my bike (02' 1800C), to mount the CT?

Anybody on this site live, in or around, Austin, Texas?

Were would be a good place to have the CT mounted, can anyplace do it, are do they need to have done it (MT to CT) before?

I'm looking forward to the ride.

Thanks,
Flintknapper

Flintknapper

Number of posts : 14
Location : Austin, Texas
Registration date : 2009-07-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Darkersiders? in Austin, Texas

Post  horseman8m on Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:10 pm

YES, the people that have the vtx 1800 say that the 205/65/16 will work.
I have a vtx1300c and i know that a 205/65r15 will fit mine without any mods.
as far as changing the tire ,,, IF you can remove the wheel from the bike , then
you can take it to a small car tire shop and they might do it if they have a MAG wheel machine,
if not drive around and just stop in and ask, tell them you will pay cash and don't want a receipt.
Don't forget to get some Moly-Paste for the drive splines.
Good luck,
Horse
avatar
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Age : 29
Location : valdosta , GA.
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Darkersiders? in Austin, Texas

Post  Flintknapper on Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:13 pm

Thanks!

Thanks for the infomation.

As far as paying cash and no receipt, is there some regulation restricting CT on motorcycles?

Thanks,
Flintknapper

Flintknapper

Number of posts : 14
Location : Austin, Texas
Registration date : 2009-07-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Darkersiders? in Austin, Texas

Post  nodakbassmaster on Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:39 pm

No restrictions, but some places are leary about liability of it is all...

I can't help you with the Texas part...

But it should fit just fine.... some bike need teh little ear on the inner fender brace trimmed because on some bikes it rubs the tire slightly at suspension compression, I suspect this could also be solved by centering the fender over the tire (loosening all 6 bolts and using a little "hip" to push it over and re-tighten the bolts ith the pressure applied)

_________________
05 1800F/N
215/45/18 Toyo T1R
I walk on water

avatar
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Age : 38
Location : Rapid City, SD
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Darkersiders? in Austin, Texas

Post  horseman8m on Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:58 pm

nodakbassmaster wrote:No restrictions, but some places are leary about liability of it is all...

I can't help you with the Texas part...

But it should fit just fine.... some bike need teh little ear on the inner fender brace trimmed because on some bikes it rubs the tire slightly at suspension compression, I suspect this could also be solved by centering the fender over the tire (loosening all 6 bolts and using a little "hip" to push it over and re-tighten the bolts ith the pressure applied)

+1 , ya Good point, I got to remember that.
Horse
avatar
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Age : 29
Location : valdosta , GA.
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Darkersiders? in Austin, Texas

Post  Flintknapper on Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:22 am

Thanks for the info. I'll pick up the CT this week. A buddy of mine (Race Bike Instructor) said he could change it out for me. He has a tire changer and balancer. Does the tire changer have to be for mag wheels? I'm not sure what kind he has.
Thanks,
Flintknapper

Flintknapper

Number of posts : 14
Location : Austin, Texas
Registration date : 2009-07-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Darkersiders? in Austin, Texas

Post  twin1300 on Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:47 am

Flintknapper wrote:Thanks for the info. I'll pick up the CT this week. A buddy of mine (Race Bike Instructor) said he could change it out for me. He has a tire changer and balancer. Does the tire changer have to be for mag wheels? I'm not sure what kind he has.
Thanks,
Flintknapper

Flintknapper,

Use dyna beads instead of balancing it with traditional weights. They are the best thing since the car tire on a cruiser! Ask around, most every one will tell you the same thing.


..........................bobby

.

_________________
In Christ Service..............bobby

aka....Senior Vader...(giving to me by my friends) Vader

http://www.hickmachine.com/ I got the CTR and love it!

VTXDS # 5
avatar
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Age : 57
Location : Denham Springs, La.
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Darkersiders? in Austin, Texas

Post  Flintknapper on Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:58 am

Were do I find the dyna beads? Why are they so much better?

Also, I would like to say how much I appreciate you fast response. I not use to that on other web site!

Thanks

Flintknapper

Number of posts : 14
Location : Austin, Texas
Registration date : 2009-07-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Darkersiders? in Austin, Texas

Post  twin1300 on Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:06 am

Flintknapper wrote:Were do I find the dyna beads? Why are they so much better?

Also, I would like to say how much I appreciate you fast response. I not use to that on other web site!

Thanks

Innovative Balancing website sells them and some motorcycle shops. They can be installed on tire that's already mounted by putting them thru the valve stem.

But I use an alternative to dyna beads, Air Soft Pellets from Wally World (they go in the air soft guns). But you can't put the air soft pellets in thru the valve stem they have to go in when the tire after tire is on the rim and before you seat the bead.

................bobby


.

_________________
In Christ Service..............bobby

aka....Senior Vader...(giving to me by my friends) Vader

http://www.hickmachine.com/ I got the CTR and love it!

VTXDS # 5
avatar
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Age : 57
Location : Denham Springs, La.
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Darkersiders? in Austin, Texas

Post  twin1300 on Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:08 am

Here you go try this link and watch the video.

http://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com/general-discussion-f6/dyna-beads-test-wow-t2273.htm?highlight=dyna+beads


......................bobby


.

_________________
In Christ Service..............bobby

aka....Senior Vader...(giving to me by my friends) Vader

http://www.hickmachine.com/ I got the CTR and love it!

VTXDS # 5
avatar
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Age : 57
Location : Denham Springs, La.
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Darkersiders? in Austin, Texas

Post  jedishon on Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:26 am

Dynabeads will keep your tire balanced for its life. You have to remember this is not a cage where you rotate and balance your tires every 6,000 miles. And its not a cage where there are 4 corner points of contact to help eliminate any imperfection in the tires balance.

Jerry
avatar
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Age : 67
Location : Rogersville, Al
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Darkersiders? in Austin, Texas

Post  horseman8m on Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:05 pm

A mag wheel changer grips the rim where a car tire changer has a post that goes through the center of the car wheel and a pin in the hole for the lugnut.
so yes if you can find a mag wheel changer that would be better.
Good luck
Horse
avatar
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Age : 29
Location : valdosta , GA.
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Darkersiders? in Austin, Texas

Post  nodakbassmaster on Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:50 pm

twin1300 wrote:
Flintknapper wrote:Were do I find the dyna beads? Why are they so much better?

Also, I would like to say how much I appreciate you fast response. I not use to that on other web site!

Thanks

Innovative Balancing website sells them and some motorcycle shops. They can be installed on tire that's already mounted by putting them thru the valve stem.

But I use an alternative to dyna beads, Air Soft Pellets from Wally World (they go in the air soft guns). But you can't put the air soft pellets in thru the valve stem they have to go in when the tire after tire is on the rim and before you seat the bead.

................bobby


.

Air Soft is what I used in my truck too! The Manufacturers website will fill you in on nearly any other questions you have about how the beads work... I think we have a member sho sells them, HDL sells them and you can get a better deal on shipping than the Manufacturer on ebay most of the time...

_________________
05 1800F/N
215/45/18 Toyo T1R
I walk on water

avatar
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Age : 38
Location : Rapid City, SD
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Darkersiders? in Austin, Texas

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum