shut off

View previous topic View next topic Go down

shut off

Post  13gator69 on Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:11 am

Hello , I was talking with another rider the other day and we got on the topic of speed shut-off,I guess meaning after you reach a certain MPH., your engine shuts down. Is there anything like this on the 1800 VTX-C,mine is a 2003 and if there is how do you unhook or bypass. I was told it was just another plugin,but not sure which side it's on and not knowing what to look for. Thanxs Gator
13gator69

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-05-23

Back to top Go down

Re: shut off

Post  nodakbassmaster on Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:40 am

no such thing. The rev limiter or running our of power is the only thing that will govern or limit your top speed...

nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 on Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:53 pm

nodakbassmaster wrote:no such thing. The rev limiter or running our of power is the only thing that will govern or limit your top speed...

+1

aka....Senior Vader...(giving to me by my friends) Vader

http://www.hickmachine.com/ I got the CTR and love it!

VTXDS # 5
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  13gator69 on Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:30 pm

twin1300 wrote:
nodakbassmaster wrote:no such thing. The rev limiter or running our of power is the only thing that will govern or limit your top speed...

+1
So this would have to do with what type of performance mods were done to keep staying power, my bike is all stock, I would like to change the clutches with Barons,de-smog,add a K&N or different aircleaner sometime in the future. the question I usually get is how much did you let it breathe,I guess how much air?? I shouldv"e posted a performance mod to keep my cannon muffler,but possibly be able to change other components. I"ve heard of drilling the Baffles out , you probably see where this is going that I have a bad Twisted Evil case of need for speed,I've cracked her open and know what she"s capable of but in the long run for how long. Thanxs again, Gator
13gator69

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  nodakbassmaster on Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:23 pm

most bikes will run up to the rev limiter stock, without a windsheild or other big windblock... now it's just going to be a matter of how fast you get there...

depending on how far off your speedo it, you'll probly hit it around 135-142mph, +/- a couple mph....

There is one or two ways to extend the rev limiter to higher RPM's, I think Powercommander now makes an additional little box that can do it in conjunction with the PCIII....

nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top