Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cross Bones HD Dark Custom

+6
jedishon
twin1300
Toasted_311
smokey2255
nodakbassmaster
Muntz
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Cross Bones HD Dark Custom Empty Cross Bones HD Dark Custom

Post  Muntz Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:09 pm

Anybody see the new HD commercial. What do you think of the "Cross Bones" Dark Custom. I think it looks pretty cool.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/Content/Pages/Dark_Custom/dark_custom.jsp?locale=en_US

http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/Content/Pages/2008_Motorcycles/2008_Motorcycles.jsp?HDCWPSession=T6sgHYbZSBQTpQXgQBbVYcGrKyBJ5px7ZfdTgHJQYJxmppwXK2kt!1213988950!1484843062&locale=en_US&swfsection=model&swffamily=so&swfmodel=flstsb
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Cross Bones HD Dark Custom Empty Re: Cross Bones HD Dark Custom

Post  nodakbassmaster Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:04 am

I think it's ugly and looks uncomfortable... cheers another one for Harley Rolling Eyes Chock that up with the love it or hate it Rocker I guess... Question

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/21january08_hd2008xbones.htm

looks as uncomfortable as it is ugly...
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:20 am

Not for me thanks. Just not my style. Plus I will not pay for the name on one. Just the ride.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Toasted_311 Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:05 am

same ole same ole. take a box of mismatched parts and make a "new" bike. Rolling Eyes And at 17k not no, but hell no. Get a GW first.
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1132

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:28 am

Toasted_311 wrote:same ole same ole. take a box of mismatched parts and make a "new" bike. Rolling Eyes And at 17k not no, but hell no. Get a GW first.

+1.................. Very Happy

..............bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:37 am

Just plain uglyyyyy. it looks like it wants to be a springer, bobber and sportster all at once, and got confused. I'll keep my X thank you.
Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:12 am

jedishon wrote:Just plain uglyyyyy. it looks like it wants to be a springer, bobber and sportster all at once, and got confused. I'll keep my X thank you.
Jerry

I think thats its "charm"
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:20 am

Muntz wrote:
jedishon wrote:Just plain uglyyyyy. it looks like it wants to be a springer, bobber and sportster all at once, and got confused. I'll keep my X thank you.
Jerry

Go check out the Sucker Punch Sally's motorcycles @ HD of BR and you will change your mind. Way much nicer bikes for the money. JMHO

.......................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:27 am

twin1300 wrote:
Muntz wrote:
Jerry

Go check out the Sucker Punch Sally's motorcycles @ HD of BR and you will change your mind. Way much nicer bikes for the money. JMHO

I liked the sled model.
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:29 am

Toasted_311 wrote:same ole same ole. take a box of mismatched parts and make a "new" bike. Rolling Eyes And at 17k not no, but hell no. Get a GW first.

+99 hell yeah I would much rather be on a wing, all the comfort and storage plus an ass load of powerful sweet handling bike to boot. Don't forget the dependability and durability factors. Yeah put me down for the wing.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:46 pm

jedishon wrote:
twin1300 wrote:
Muntz wrote:
Jerry

I liked the sled model.

.....................bobby

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy You know what I'm talking about..... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gstanfield Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:39 pm

No thanks, not quit my style. Plus it is prey to one of my two biggest pet peeves with the auto industry and naming vehicles.

#1. DO NOT under any circumstances ever for one second even think about calling a PRODUCTION vehicle a Custom !?!?!?!?/?? That's kinda a contradiction in terms and just seems plain stupid to me.

#2 (doesn't apply to this bike but I might as well tell everyone) NEVER name a vehicle "Limited" just about every car maker has at some point had a vehicle that had the badge limited on the side. What is limited?? the number of people who will buy it? the performance? the capacity? I mean come on isn't the word limited a bad thing to say about your vehicle????

So really, the worst name in history to me would be a "Custom Limited" or "Limited Custom" as it would just about make me go postal affraid

ahhhh, now I feel better, rant over Smile
gstanfield
gstanfield
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 583

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:25 am

Wow looks like I stirred yall up pretty good. I liked it in the commercial. Im unsure about in person. Hadn't been in an HD shop in a while. But I think if I could own 2 bikes the second would be a GW especially if that would make my wife ride with me, or a Valk. Since now we have a baby on the way she will probably never get on the bike again. I just might have to turn it into a solo bike. If I hit the powerball, I'd have at least 10 bikes. Too much of a good thing is never enough. If you dont believe me ask George about his guns. Twisted Evil
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  Tanglefoot Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:19 am

Muntz, It might be fun to have 10 bikes or at least 3 like Smokin'joe. The thing about having more than one bike is that you can only ride one at a time. If you had a Valk or a Wing you probably wouldn't want another one. It would be okay to have a smaller bike for your son until he becomes big enough to ride a big one then he can buy one for himself and dress it like he wants to.
Tanglefoot
Tanglefoot
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 259

Back to top Go down

Post  DocRawk Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:18 pm

I dunno...I'm only 2 parts away from having my X dressed up exactly how I want her...(they're on backorder). I'd still love a GW and probably a rice rocket at some point. I'll probably never own a rocket, but I've ridden one before, and they are fun. Different bikes for different moods and situations. No cruiser could ever keep up with a sport bike, but I'd never use a sport bike for a daily driver either, but I probably wouldn't use a valk or GW for that either if I had my X.
DocRawk
DocRawk

Number of posts : 118

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:28 pm

If you have ever ridden a new wing.....my brother calls it a "couch rocket". Does both very well !

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:38 pm

The Wing, Venture and the K1200LT are all great bikes for 2 up touring.
But I think they are more than you need for just cruising around town.
You just have to decide what riding you really enjoy if you dont buy more than 1 bike.
3 would be good for me, a cruiser, tourer and a sport. Dont see the need for a chopper
but you never know what urdge will hit next.
Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:58 pm

I'd definitely have a GW, 'Busa, a Matt Hotch Limited Custom (just for you George) like his VLX (( just gotta have a trailer queen )) , something with nitrous, a few different bikes tricked out different ways, so I had something to suit my mood, A couple of dirt bikes, 4 wheelers and a partridge in a pear tree.

I know I can only ride one at a time but I got 3 brothers, a couple of brother in laws, a son and a few nephews, figure it might be fun to do if I ever won the powerball.

Hey a man can dream cant he? cheers
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:22 pm

Muntz wrote:I'd definitely have a GW, 'Busa, a Matt Hotch Limited Custom (just for you George) like his VLX (( just gotta have a trailer queen )) , something with nitrous, a few different bikes tricked out different ways, so I had something to suit my mood, A couple of dirt bikes, 4 wheelers and a partridge in a pear tree.

I know I can only ride one at a time but I got 3 brothers, a couple of brother in laws, a son and a few nephews, figure it might be fun to do if I ever won the powerball.

Can I come over and play when you get them all?
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  gstanfield Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:09 pm

Before I got married I had an old flat track 1978 Honda, a 2003 Honda ST1300, a GSXR600, a DRZ400 and my VTX. Now I'm just down to the DRZ400, VTX and 1978 Honda as ther fast ones got sold to pay things off. One day I will own a sport bike again. Smile

George
gstanfield
gstanfield
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 583

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:41 pm

jedishon wrote:
Muntz wrote:I'd definitely have a GW, 'Busa, a Matt Hotch Limited Custom (just for you George) like his VLX (( just gotta have a trailer queen )) , something with nitrous, a few different bikes tricked out different ways, so I had something to suit my mood, A couple of dirt bikes, 4 wheelers and a partridge in a pear tree.

Can I come over and play when you get them all?

Sure just dont hold your breath 1 in 6 million aint the greatest of odds. Rolling Eyes Believe me yall will know if it ever happens.
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Cross Bones HD Dark Custom Empty XBones - almost "THE" bike.

Post  WacoBill Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:31 pm

In the olive pearl, I think the XBones is as close to my perfect bike as any I have ever seen. I would change the floorboards to pegs, and I would blackout the exhaust, other than that, I would prefer it with olive drab and the old harley white star logo on each side of the tank.

Deal breaker for me is that I don't make enough money to buy one without making my wife and kids scrimp for the next 7 years. No bike is worth that to me and I enjoy my 1400 so much that I can't believe that the Xbones would add $2000 worth of enjoyment each year. Of course, my 1400 is paid off in 2 years, so that adds to my enjoyment, LOL.

There was a recent thread on IA that asked what was the best bike for the money. Honestly I think that is as different for each person as is what accessories you want on your particular ride.

I can honestly say that the 1300C has been in the top 4 of my "next bike" list for the last 3 years. What has held me back is that it is not a skinny bike and the fat bikes I have owned were offered to me at deals too good to ignore, (though I should have it turns out).

If I hit the lottery, I'll have an XBones almost immediately. Of course, I'll have an OCC, an M109, a Triumph 2300, GoldWing, Hyabusa, Kawasaki 2000 & VTX1800. Add to that a Royal Enfield Army with sidecar.
WacoBill
WacoBill

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:10 pm

sounds like a good list to me.
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:40 pm

Okay Guys here is one that was customized with photoshop.
http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2008/01/27/softail-cross-bones-photochop-custom/
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:41 pm

jedishon wrote:Okay Guys here is one that was customized with photoshop.
http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2008/01/27/softail-cross-bones-photochop-custom/

That definitely looks like something from Chica. Nice Bobber. I wish I knew how to photoshop. I try all kinds of crazy stuff and other parts just to see if I liked it. The only problem would be to come up with the $$$ for my dream machine if I fell in love with my own creation.
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next