Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Howdy all

+4
horseman8m
Charlie D
Muntz
OregonMike
8 posters

Go down

Howdy all Empty Howdy all

Post  OregonMike Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:19 pm

Hey guys,
I am newly back to riding. Been working on a basket case (to me, not so much to old timer wrenches I'm sure) 86 vt1100. In most of my google searches for info I found HS.net as the most useful site. I joined there a while back. I saw a mention or two of "darkside" posts and found all y'all. The posts the last couple of days wrt to the Dunlop tire there really showed me the extreme opinions some have. I've always been more of a buck-the-trend kind of guy. When I see people vehemently disagree with something I figure it's worth checking out the other side just to see what they're so fired up about. Everything I've seen here looks good to me so far.

Anyway. I've read through a bunch of posts here the last couple of days, seen a few vids, some pics. I'm intrigued. If/when I decide to go with a CT on my old bike I'll be sure to get some water patch pics to compare the before/afters. If there's anybody near Eugene Oregon who is running a CT I'd love to meet up with him/her, buy a beer/coffee & chat a bit.

Mike

OregonMike

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-06-06

Back to top Go down

Howdy all Empty Re: Howdy all

Post  Muntz Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:47 pm

I'm just a little south of Eugene Or. ..... Laughing Laughing Laughing well more like way down south. I'm very close to New Orleans. Anyway welcome to our site from the resident smartass and jokester.

Welcome to the Madness,
Muntz King
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie D Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:33 pm

Wayne down here in Roseburg is letting me use one of his extras that is set on a cast wheel, he has my spoke and getting ready to seal it for me.

Think I am going to go goodyear TT in the 205/65/15 and man does it look beefy and fat.

Going to do the Hells Canyon rally next weekend so his tire will get a bit of a workout.

There are 3 of us down here I know of

Charlie D

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2009-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post  horseman8m Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:30 am

OrMike , welcome to the board,
I'm just south of you too , Well south east of you , actually a little more east then south of you , come to think of it, I don't live anywhere near you , but welcome to the board any way.
Very Happy Very Happy Smile Smile What a Face
Have fun
Horse
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:25 am

Welcome
You will find that there is a lot of good information but information from Muntz is full of BS. Take what you can and toss the rest. Good information and Good people here. All except for Muntz and Horse of course. Unk Jer is the king of link. Twin is just out there. Me myself, well lets just say Ive been playin in the swamps too long. Eatin that black mud has taken a toll.

Welcome and post so pics of the build as you go. Let us know how it goes.

Ride save and ride dark.
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  horseman8m Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:02 pm

lol!
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  OregonMike Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:24 pm

I think I may fit in a bit better over here than at other bike forums Twisted Evil Seems a bit more relaxed here than at other places I've been frequenting Shocked

Thanks for the welcomes all!

Mike

OregonMike

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:37 pm

OregonMike wrote:I think I may fit in a bit better over here than at other bike forums Twisted Evil Seems a bit more relaxed here than at other places I've been frequenting Shocked

Thanks for the welcomes all!

Mike

Glad to have you Mike! We are a riding forum, not just a car tire site! No trolls either...hehehehe Make yourself at home!

..........................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:24 pm

Welcome to the site Mike..... To me Twin has probably forgot more than most know about the darkside. Smokey is our resident storm rider. Muntz is an honorary Wheelie King. Moon is our bayou bad boy. Horse is MR 215. And of couse we have our smooth talkers, our world travelers and our Dragon destroyers. You will fit in just fine, we always have room for one more.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:23 pm

Mike, that VT1100 will do just fine with a car tire. Yes, HSN has it's fanatics. Can't quite figure out why someone would argue "theory" against experience, but they seem to get into it over there.....

Anyway, we have section just for our shadows. We'll get you fixed up. I've put 15k miles on my VT1100 with a Car tire. Just got back from riding the pig trail in Arkansas, a nationally recognized "twisty" motorcycle road. Kept up with my buds just fine.

Lot's of fine folks over here.

Welcome!
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:06 pm

I did say Welcome didn't I. Well I meant too. Welcome. This is a very cool site. None of the crap that you get with a bunch of closed minded people. I am up for just about anything, me. Hang out and enjoy. But most important is RIDE.

Peace
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  OregonMike Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:28 pm

I did get out a bit yesterday in the sun. A buddy helped me adjust the carbs again it's running well now. I still don't have 3rd gear but that's easy enough to work around. Found that I don't have to take a roundabout very fast to the left for the kickstand to drag...thought I had my first footpeg dragging experience but I wasn't near that low Smile

Got about 32mpg on the last tank...I'm sure that'll get better as the newness factor of riding wears off & I don't roll the throttle on as much from starts.

Good to be here, thanks for all the welcomes all!

Mike

OregonMike

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum