Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any DS running Nitrogen or Dyna Beads?

+3
smokey2255
nodakbassmaster
Muntz
7 posters

Go down

Any DS running Nitrogen or Dyna Beads? Empty Any DS running Nitrogen or Dyna Beads?

Post  Muntz Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:00 pm

I'm just wondering about Nitrogen and Dyna Beads.

A local VTXer is using Nitrogen and he loves it. He says theres no difference in tire pressure due to external or riding temps. He says it stays at 40lbs all the time.

I talked to Gary in Indiana and he says Nitorgen and Dyna Beads are the best of both worlds.

Just wondering what yall think about it.
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Any DS running Nitrogen or Dyna Beads? Empty Re: Any DS running Nitrogen or Dyna Beads?

Post  nodakbassmaster Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:11 pm

I've used the beads and they worked great... but if you get a flat you can't use anything like "fix-a-flat" to help you out. Nitrogen to me seams like a waste, since air is 80% nitrogen anyway...
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Any DS running Nitrogen or Dyna Beads? Empty Re: Any DS running Nitrogen or Dyna Beads?

Post  smokey2255 Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:11 pm

Running dyna beads here. They will go in my next tire too. If you were to use slime in your tire the slime acts likle a balancer too. Don't see the sense in the nitrogen thing myself.

Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  nodakbassmaster Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:11 pm

problem is the beads will clump in the slime so you'll wind up with a horrible mess! Laughing
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:19 pm

nodakbassmaster wrote:problem is the beads will clump in the slime so you'll wind up with a horrible mess! Laughing

How in the hell can we read anything you say ................................... That avatar is a serious distraction.....................DON"T CHANGE A THING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing

Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post  nodakbassmaster Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:25 pm

Laughing Laughing What? Shocked
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gstanfield Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:50 pm

I run dyna beads and have tested them (on my old bike) to 168mph GPS verified with no loss of perfect balance. I also run a special blend of 78.2% nitrogen I get from my air compressor and so far I've had no issues at all.

George
gstanfield
gstanfield
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 583

Back to top Go down

Post  bellsgapvtxer Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:08 pm

Dyna Beads work great. Have used them in bike tires and oversized truck tires that were hard to balance. Just DO NOT USE Balance Plus! Had major corrosion of aluminum wheels on a custom bike I built a few years back. Never used pure nitrogen, so don't know anything bout that.

bellsgapvtxer

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-12-23

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:13 pm

OK.....here comes the answer on the nitrogen. I run 68% nitrogen in my tires.... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

.....................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689

Back to top Go down

Post  Toasted_311 Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:24 pm

Didn't need any balance on this DS...but I'll toss the beads in the front tire next change.

On the nitrogen...to me...not worth the hassle of finding a shop that has it and the charge for it too....air is free. Wink

Plus, both my DS has stayed at the PSI that I set it at once I found the sweet spot. Very Happy
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1132

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:28 pm

Toasted_311 wrote:
....air is free. Wink

So, toasted.........you run 68% nitrogent too!!!!!! cheers

...............bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gstanfield Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:33 pm

Hey Bobby, why so low on Nitrogen?? I just pulled off a scientific website the following

"Thus, the present composition of the atmosphere is 79% nitrogen, 20% oxygen, and 1% other gases. "

My old highschool books said 78.2% so I guess it's up a little more now Smile

Of course I have to keep you on your toes.

George
gstanfield
gstanfield
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:14 am

gstanfield wrote:Hey Bobby, why so low on Nitrogen?? I just pulled off a scientific website the following

"Thus, the present composition of the atmosphere is 79% nitrogen, 20% oxygen, and 1% other gases. "

My old highschool books said 78.2% so I guess it's up a little more now Smile

Of course I have to keep you on your toes.

George

Hey, I just fat fingered it the first time and then copied it....My bad......Ok, I run 79% nitrogen in my tires then.......... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Thanks for keeping me straight George, you know that a full time job.

........................bobby

Last edited by on Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gstanfield Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:17 pm

Somebody has to keep you straight, might as well be me Smile
gstanfield
gstanfield
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down