Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great year on Yokoyama, going to Goodyear F1. Thanks Darksiders!

4 posters

Go down

Great year on Yokoyama, going to Goodyear F1. Thanks Darksiders! Empty Great year on Yokoyama, going to Goodyear F1. Thanks Darksiders!

Post  pistonring8 Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:48 pm

Hello, first of all, I want to deeply thank everyone for so freely sharing information and personal experience with others. I have finally ran last years tire down enough to move on to another. I would like to share my experience as well. I have been running on a Yokohama AS430 for about 15,000 trouble free miles. (30-35psi)

I am VERY happy with this tire. This tire has held up wonderfully in the rain, sleet, hot, cold and worst riding conditions you can put a tire through. It has had its sidewalls worn down from rubbing on the fender bracket (a problem I will fix before the next tire) It has withstood countless burnouts, 2 advanced safety courses, a few hundred skids and the lowest corners you can do on a VTX without towing it home. I have literally layed this bike over on its pipes and kickstand mount in corners and was able to ride it out. I can honestly say that this tire has NEVER let me down!

This year I would like to try the Goodyear F1 G3 and I hope it does as well as the Yoko(or better). The only major difference will be that the F1 only comes in a 55 profile. I have not heard anyone complain about the handling on a 55 series sidewall, so I guess it will be fine.

I would love to hear any feedback from you guys. THANKS!

pistonring8

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Great year on Yokoyama, going to Goodyear F1. Thanks Darksiders! Empty Re: Great year on Yokoyama, going to Goodyear F1. Thanks Darksiders!

Post  Dan Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:00 pm

Have you considered you'll be scraping your pipes and frame mount even sooner with a 55? Suspect
Dan
Dan

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Back to top Go down

Great year on Yokoyama, going to Goodyear F1. Thanks Darksiders! Empty Re: Great year on Yokoyama, going to Goodyear F1. Thanks Darksiders!

Post  pistonring8 Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:09 pm

Yea, I had thought of that. Also thought about cranking my shocks up to thier limit but I'm sure I won't like the empty space between the tire and fender.... Perhaps I should stick with a 60 series or even move to a 65? I sure would hate to make my scraping issue worse. Hmmm, thanks for the input, I am going to rethink the Goodyear.

pistonring8

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:38 pm

I originally had wanted to run the Toyo T1R until I found out it's only available in 55, I was scraping frame and pegs enough with the stock 180/70, I wanted to go higher, and glad I did. The ride is better with a taller sidewall and larger O.D., speedo accuracy also. Good luck with your choice.
Dan
Dan

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Toasted_311 Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:39 am

Don't forget the HydraEdges...205/55-65/16..I'm running the 65..speedo is almost dead on now.
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-12-14

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sam_henric Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:24 pm

I gotta throw the Goodyear Triple Tread in here...it has been nothing but awesome for me Very Happy
sam_henric
sam_henric

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post  pistonring8 Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:50 pm

Oh, you guys are great. Thanks for the input, I am definately going to a higher sidewall. Very Happy

Somebody call Hoosier and Micky Thompson and tell them to make a 205/65/16 tire!! Sad

pistonring8

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down