Great year on Yokoyama, going to Goodyear F1. Thanks Darksiders!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Great year on Yokoyama, going to Goodyear F1. Thanks Darksiders!

Post  pistonring8 on Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:48 pm

Hello, first of all, I want to deeply thank everyone for so freely sharing information and personal experience with others. I have finally ran last years tire down enough to move on to another. I would like to share my experience as well. I have been running on a Yokohama AS430 for about 15,000 trouble free miles. (30-35psi)

I am VERY happy with this tire. This tire has held up wonderfully in the rain, sleet, hot, cold and worst riding conditions you can put a tire through. It has had its sidewalls worn down from rubbing on the fender bracket (a problem I will fix before the next tire) It has withstood countless burnouts, 2 advanced safety courses, a few hundred skids and the lowest corners you can do on a VTX without towing it home. I have literally layed this bike over on its pipes and kickstand mount in corners and was able to ride it out. I can honestly say that this tire has NEVER let me down!

This year I would like to try the Goodyear F1 G3 and I hope it does as well as the Yoko(or better). The only major difference will be that the F1 only comes in a 55 profile. I have not heard anyone complain about the handling on a 55 series sidewall, so I guess it will be fine.

I would love to hear any feedback from you guys. THANKS!

pistonring8

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Great year on Yokoyama, going to Goodyear F1. Thanks Darksiders!

Post  Dan on Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:00 pm

Have you considered you'll be scraping your pipes and frame mount even sooner with a 55? Suspect
Dan

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post  pistonring8 on Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:09 pm

Yea, I had thought of that. Also thought about cranking my shocks up to thier limit but I'm sure I won't like the empty space between the tire and fender.... Perhaps I should stick with a 60 series or even move to a 65? I sure would hate to make my scraping issue worse. Hmmm, thanks for the input, I am going to rethink the Goodyear.

pistonring8

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan on Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:38 pm

I originally had wanted to run the Toyo T1R until I found out it's only available in 55, I was scraping frame and pegs enough with the stock 180/70, I wanted to go higher, and glad I did. The ride is better with a taller sidewall and larger O.D., speedo accuracy also. Good luck with your choice.
Dan

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Toasted_311 on Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:39 am

Don't forget the HydraEdges...205/55-65/16..I'm running the 65..speedo is almost dead on now.

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-12-14

http://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sam_henric on Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:24 pm

I gotta throw the Goodyear Triple Tread in here...it has been nothing but awesome for me Very Happy
sam_henric

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post  pistonring8 on Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:50 pm

Oh, you guys are great. Thanks for the input, I am definately going to a higher sidewall. Very Happy

Somebody call Hoosier and Micky Thompson and tell them to make a 205/65/16 tire!! Sad

pistonring8

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top