Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rear progressives, how low can I go????????

4 posters

Go down

rear progressives, how low can I go???????? Empty rear progressives, how low can I go????????

Post  dsspunkler Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:51 pm

Hey all,

I'm runnign the 205 55 potenza g019 and want to lower my bike. I want to go with 6* of rake and am thinking 11" progressives. Anyone with any thoughts on this set-up as far as clearance issues handling or other means to lower the ride etc. feel free to chime on in! Also want to do the progressive in the front @ the same time.Thanks in advance. p.s. got my dynabeads installed ,removed the weights...smmoooooooooth. Very Happy
dsspunkler
dsspunkler

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Back to top Go down

rear progressives, how low can I go???????? Empty Re: rear progressives, how low can I go????????

Post  nodakbassmaster Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:21 pm

11's shouldn't be a problem, while you have the shocks off, doublecheck the tire clearance on the inner fenderwell should be all that's required.
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

rear progressives, how low can I go???????? Empty Re: rear progressives, how low can I go????????

Post  dsspunkler Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:40 pm

Thanks for the speedy reply. I'll be sure and check it out. Thanks again.
dsspunkler
dsspunkler

Back to top Go down

Post  nodakbassmaster Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:48 pm

no problem... some have even gone to 10.5... but that's pushing it. Remeber that the lower the shock, the less room it has to travel and absorb impact... Wink
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Morgan Buchanan Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:51 am

i have 11" progressives on a 205/55... no problem for me.
Morgan Buchanan
Morgan Buchanan

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:44 am

dspunkler,

I have heard of quite a few guys going with the 11" Progressives with no issues! I was going to do that but I cut 2" out of my seat and the height felt so good, I abandoned the shock idea!.... Very Happy

.........................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  dsspunkler Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:32 pm

Bobby,
This is something I'm considering. Going w a sumo-x retro rear fender which will lower my seat(w/ the sumo seat ) a little,and the 11" progs.I'm about 6' tall .If I run 11" progressives and the lower seat position will I be eating my knees for lunch every time I hit a bump or what.I'm looking for that low, fat look while staying on the darkerside of things.Thanks

Mark
dsspunkler
dsspunkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down