Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GYTT

2 posters

Go down

GYTT Empty GYTT

Post  powerhousevtx Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:19 pm

bought a new Goodyear Triple Tread today. "tired" of every 8K changing. 1.Normally, it is tubeless; no tube needed on m/c wheel?? 2. Who to get to install on stock wheel, the same bike shop that put on my front Metz? 3. Are the Dyna Beads req'd or regular wheel weights for bike? I don't usually get over 100mph, but sometimes, well you know...

Thanks for any help

powerhousevtx

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-08-25

Back to top Go down

GYTT Empty Re: GYTT

Post  twin1300 Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:40 am

powerhousevtx wrote:bought a new Goodyear Triple Tread today. "tired" of every 8K changing. 1.Normally, it is tubeless; no tube needed on m/c wheel?? 2. Who to get to install on stock wheel, the same bike shop that put on my front Metz? 3. Are the Dyna Beads req'd or regular wheel weights for bike? I don't usually get over 100mph, but sometimes, well you know...

Thanks for any help

Welcome to our site and glad you have asked questions. What 1800 are you putting it on?????

1. Don't know what this means??????

2. Any motorcycle shop should mount it and can!

3. Either way, they both are done with 100% success!

..............bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

GYTT Empty RE: Goodyear Triple Tread

Post  powerhousevtx Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:13 am

Thanks, Bobby. I should've stated my questions more clearly. What I meant was to be sure that we don't need a tube with this tire, since it is on a motorcycle wheel. Seems that I read somewhere that someone installed it with a tube, I may be wrong. Anyway, just trying to cover all the bases 'cause I really hate to do something twice. The shop I talked to said they have only a conventional static balancer, but it does fine. After they do that balancing, I may still add the 3oz. of Dyna Beads. I appreciate the response, and look forward to this new back tire adventure!
Bryan

powerhousevtx

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:30 am

powerhousevtx wrote:Thanks, Bobby. I should've stated my questions more clearly. What I meant was to be sure that we don't need a tube with this tire, since it is on a motorcycle wheel. Seems that I read somewhere that someone installed it with a tube, I may be wrong. Anyway, just trying to cover all the bases 'cause I really hate to do something twice. The shop I talked to said they have only a conventional static balancer, but it does fine. After they do that balancing, I may still add the 3oz. of Dyna Beads. I appreciate the response, and look forward to this new back tire adventure!
Bryan

Bryan,

The only reason any one uses a tube is with spoke rims unless they seal the spoke rim. If you go back to post you looked at...it is going to be a spoke rim. All of us that have mags are tubeless!

If they static balance...no need for beads. But I would go with the beads anyway and tell them not to static balance. If they static balance they will put weights and you do not want to do both weights and dyna beads!

...................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down