Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SHOCK SETTING vs psi VTX1800-C SWEET SPOT

4 posters

Go down

SHOCK SETTING vs psi  VTX1800-C     SWEET SPOT Empty SHOCK SETTING vs psi VTX1800-C SWEET SPOT

Post  MachoDC Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:32 pm

My fellow Darksiders!!!

I am so jazzed!!! I started out at 38psi on the 205/60R-16 ContiProContact 91T.. went down to 36psi... something wasn't right still......

I'm 215 lbs and have been on level 3 shock setting..

I burned my arm on the exhaust muscling that puppy to level #2 when we stopped after 40 miles...... BINGO!!!! WOW O WOW!!

What a f*ing difference!! I Immediately felt like I was on a mc tire again... HUGE difference!!!!

I believe my sweet spot: 36psi Shocks level #2

I cannot get over the 10X's improvement just from going down from #3 to #2... doesn't seem possible.

HERE's TO THE DARKSIDE!!! cheers

EL Nico

MachoDC
MachoDC

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-08-22

http://forums.delphiforums.com/SoCalHooligans/start

Back to top Go down

SHOCK SETTING vs psi  VTX1800-C     SWEET SPOT Empty Re: SHOCK SETTING vs psi VTX1800-C SWEET SPOT

Post  horseman8m Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:43 am

great job , each tire is different , for me it's 36 psi , 5 on the shocks and 225 lb ,
Horse
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

SHOCK SETTING vs psi  VTX1800-C     SWEET SPOT Empty I'm sold!

Post  MachoDC Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:04 pm

Ok... just got back from 300+miles up coast... mostly interstate.. long sweeps.. no twisties...

By the 2nd tank of gas, I decided to not be tentative and let her rip.

Conclusion:

The harder you ride it, the better it performs. More stable at 80 than 70, more stable at 90 than 80! I took it to 100mph
(indicated) waiting for the dreaded "wobble" I heard about... B.S... It was even more stable at 100 than 90!!!

I will never, ever go back! I'm in!!!

Stable, more traction, hold a line great, handles great... different? yes.. big deal.. I like it!!

I like 34-36psi Shocks #2... that's just me.

U-Turns... no prob.

I'm over the "waiting to see what happens" phase.... It's good to go!!!

I read a page long dissertation by some guy saying it feels every groove and crevice in the road... bullshit... you feel LESS!

You have to lean a little more.. big deal... instead of just pushing down to counter-steer... I realized you push and pull the opposite side... done

My advise:

Don't do it unless you have a death wish. LOL

Later Gator!

Nico
MachoDC
MachoDC

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-08-22

http://forums.delphiforums.com/SoCalHooligans/start

Back to top Go down

SHOCK SETTING vs psi  VTX1800-C     SWEET SPOT Empty Re: SHOCK SETTING vs psi VTX1800-C SWEET SPOT

Post  nodakbassmaster Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:17 am

Congrats! Thanks for getting back Very Happy
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  studdog Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:24 pm

I'm with ya'll. Crank it up and wring her out a little. 4k on it now and I can barely stand to listen to all the hand-wringing. I ride what's under my butt. If it's a little different I don't care. I just ride. Good to hear ya'll finding the same thing holds true.
studdog
studdog

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down