Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harley Davidson heritage DARKSIDE?????

5 posters

Go down

Harley Davidson heritage  DARKSIDE????? Empty Harley Davidson heritage DARKSIDE?????

Post  wiggans50cal Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:22 pm

hey guys,
Today I met a guy that was very impressed with the car tire on the back of my X. He was so intrested that he wanted to follow me around some curves to watch how the tire worked, when sparks flew from the boards then was the moment that he was sold. He was riding his sportster 883 and come monday he is buying a Heritage soft tail HD. He said that the first thing he is going to have the bike shop (where I met him) do was tear that MC tire off and mount a CT. Here is the problem..... What tire can this bike handle???? He said he didnt know what size came on it factory, but he said its "kinda big" lol. So if anyone out there knows what tire brand and size will work good for an 09 softtail, then please, please reply to this post. Thanks so much for helping my buddy out and by the way, im sorry for using the "H" word in the VTX tech!!! LOL Very Happy

wiggans50cal

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Harley Davidson heritage  DARKSIDE????? Empty Re: Harley Davidson heritage DARKSIDE?????

Post  Muntz Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:27 pm

As far as I know HD cant take a CT unless they get rid of the factory rim. Sorry but thats all I know.
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Harley Davidson heritage  DARKSIDE????? Empty Re: Harley Davidson heritage DARKSIDE?????

Post  horseman8m Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:18 am

That's OK everyone is welcome here , we joke around a bit but we like everybody and all bike are kindred to each other.
About your HD , I don't know about the bike BUT i can ask a friend that works on them , i'll be back on Monday with some info.
good luck,
Horse
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Harley Davidson heritage  DARKSIDE????? Empty Herirage to the dark Side

Post  WaywardDad Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:55 pm

I have my '07 Heritage scheduled to go dark this winter. So far all I have is questions. I already planned to change the rear wheel to a bigger and wider rim. I can go to 18 x 4.5 max and still wear a 180 tire they tell me, but that is not a CT. This is a sealed spoke wheel, but I would prefer a solid cast or machined wheel, which is proving hard to find. So, I'm gonna hang out and see of I can get enough information to make a move. I welcome all suggestions, short of trade it in for a Honda.

OK, I'll tell y'all -

My buddie took his Honda dark and it looks so good, some folks think it's a Harley. I am inspired to take my Harley dark by his success.

WaywardDad

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post  horseman8m Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:49 pm

OK i asked a friend that is in the motorcycle repair, about the harley's rims , the rounded HD rim will only take the MC tire made for it . the others are " you can try it if you want to but HD don't have a lot of room in there unless you change a few things ."
I know this wasn't much help, good luck,
Horse
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:13 pm

I believe the 2009 models come with a 180 rear tire. A 165 car tie would be no problem if thats the case.
When he gets his bike have him measure the thinest area side to side and use that as a guide to determine the width of ct that will fit.....
A Harley mechanic or sales person lives and breathes Harley and will tell you you can only use Harley stuff on your bike including tires. As far as I know a 180 tire is a 180 tire.... Keep asking questions....

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  wiggans50cal Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:57 pm

What I think we will run into is finding a tire that fits on his tall @$$ 18" rim and is still that narrow enough to fit under there. oh well, ill just tell him to buy a honda!!!!!! Smile

wiggans50cal

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down