Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darkside on Shadow Aero 1100 (VT1100C3) with spoked rims? Anyone done it?

4 posters

Go down

Darkside on Shadow Aero 1100 (VT1100C3) with spoked rims? Anyone done it? Empty Darkside on Shadow Aero 1100 (VT1100C3) with spoked rims? Anyone done it?

Post  Monkey Mate Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:39 pm

Hi I have a VT1100C3, Honda Shadow Aero and it has spoke rims. I have been changing my own tires for a while now with the HF tire remover and motorcycle adapter. I want to know if anyone has used the spoke rim when going darkside? A tube should work in a car tire. Might even make it easier to seat the bead. If you have any thoughts about this or have done it please give me some hints. If not then I guess I am going to try it next time I change my tire and I will post the results. I do not want to change my rim as I like the spoke look.
Thanks,
Greg aka Monkey Mate (former Nuke MM1/SS Submariner in the Navy)

Monkey Mate

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Back to top Go down

Darkside on Shadow Aero 1100 (VT1100C3) with spoked rims? Anyone done it? Empty Re: Darkside on Shadow Aero 1100 (VT1100C3) with spoked rims? Anyone done it?

Post  Steve-O Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:37 pm

It's been done. Just use a tube (easiest) or seal the rim. Instructions are on our site.

I think your tire/rim measurements are the same as my Spirit 1100, so you would use the same tires. Recommend you start on a Kumho 165, then move up to a wider tire if you like.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Darkside on Shadow Aero 1100 (VT1100C3) with spoked rims? Anyone done it? Empty Aero spoke rim

Post  btaillon Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:00 am

I tried to put a CT on my Aero with spoke rim and could not get it to bead. There is another guy with an Aero on here and he could not get it to bead. I found a Saber rim and put a CT on the rim and put that on my Aero. I have over 3000 miles on the CT and love it!!!! I would never go back to a motorcycle tire and I love the Saber rim on the bike it looks good and a lot easier to clean then the spoke rim.
Brett

btaillon

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Back to top Go down

Darkside on Shadow Aero 1100 (VT1100C3) with spoked rims? Anyone done it? Empty Re: Darkside on Shadow Aero 1100 (VT1100C3) with spoked rims? Anyone done it?

Post  patrick Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:16 pm

G'day Greg hope the c.t fits ok with out any problems ,
My old man's got the same bike with spoked wheels & looking doing the same thing.
I'm riding a vtx1800 with 205/55/16 & love it wont look back.
Hope that you keep us all informed how ya went.
If not we'll let ya know how we went with ours. It's all trial & error.
Time to spitpollish the bike safe riding where ever ya go.
Paddy.

patrick

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down