Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help / Ideas for a Benefit Ride

2 posters

Go down

Help / Ideas for a Benefit Ride Empty Help / Ideas for a Benefit Ride

Post  Muntz Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:24 am

Last week we had a local VTX'er go down. He has head injuries even though he was wearing a helmet. Another buddy and I want to have a benefit ride for him but neither of us has any experience in planning this type of event.

Anyone that has ideas or suggestions please post them here or send me a PM.

Our "Little Buddy" is responding and they are going to pull out the ventilator tube today. He is a carpenter by trade and is still in CCU. The family has already told us that they will need help financially, so we will try to do the best we can to help him.

Thanks for your help,
Muntz
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Help / Ideas for a Benefit Ride Empty Re: Help / Ideas for a Benefit Ride

Post  cerooth Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:25 am

I'm done a few and have had some decent results. You want to try to plan for about a month away to get more people talking about it and to show up. Pick out a location (normally a bar or stealer willing to help out) and go from there. For raising money "Poker Runs", auctions, biker games, live music, good food, and good old fashion donations help out. I helped plan/work a benefit for a buddy of mine and raised over $5k. Once you have a centralized location or gathern' point that's when you can plan a route for the poker run. Make up flyer's and distribute them to where any bikers converge. This would be almost too much for just one person to run/make the preparations. That's why I normally see MC's holding the events like this. Hope this helps you a little, if not it'd inform you on some of the stuff needed for putting stuff like this together.
cerooth
cerooth
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-12-15

https://www.facebook.com/#!/cerooth

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:26 pm

Cerooth, Thanks for the reply. I have no idea about a poker run. I've never been to one. I'm pretty sure Ted has. As far as food goes I was thinking of a buddy of mine that cooks a mean Jambalaya. I know our hardest obstacle may be the meeting place and the second place for the second card of the poker run. I'm hoping Zeeman knows alot more people than I do.

I've seen a few benefits down here that offer a raffle for a shotgun. What they do is buy a gift card from a local gun store. That way the winner has to go through all the legal stuff to get it in his name and the holders of the raffle don't end up liable for a criminal with a gun.

I also know a Manager of a Boot Store. I may be able to get some Durashocks to be donated for second prize in the raffle.

Thanks Again,
Muntz

Anyone else??? Keep the ideas comming.
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content