Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TOWING WITH THE TOYO PROXIES T1R

4 posters

Go down

TOWING WITH THE TOYO PROXIES T1R Empty TOWING WITH THE TOYO PROXIES T1R

Post  ShortShifter Wed May 21, 2008 6:31 pm

I have installed the Toyo Proxies T1R on my 1800 X and already posted the ride quality in the twisties etc. I have finished installing the hitch doc external hitch and took the X for a test spin with the Trailer on the Darkside. I thought that perhaps others would like to know how well pulling a trailer works with the Toyo Proxies T1R.

I added an extention on the hitch to lift the ball 5" above the normal position because of the size of my tent trailer and to make the trailer Level when attached to the bike. I loaded the trailer pretty much to the max (sorry I did not get it weighted) I would estimate the weight about 600+ lbs. I loaded the heaviest items in the back of the trailer for balance and took a 75 mile spin threw the twisties, over rough pavement and due to re-paving by the DOT I got to experience a lot of grooved pavement.

The trailer pulled Great! I set the stock shocks to setting #5 Max and the ride comfort was excellent. The grooved pavement did not affect the bike riding 2 UP and was minimal with the Trailer, Hard Bags Loaded and a Loaded Pack on the back. I'm haulin the weight on the X and the Trailer. The handabilty is excellent on all surfaces and with Stout side winds there was no buffeting of the bike or trailer. With stock tires the buffeting and instability riding 2 UP was difficult. However with the Toyo Proxies T1R tire the bike is solid to the pavement.

Trailering on the Darkside is really solid. I can't believe anyone would pull a trailer with an M/C tire.

Cheers,
Rowland

ShortShifter

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Back to top Go down

TOWING WITH THE TOYO PROXIES T1R Empty Re: TOWING WITH THE TOYO PROXIES T1R

Post  smokey2255 Wed May 21, 2008 8:58 pm

Rowland
Again another nice writeup. I look forward to more postings from you,

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Wed May 21, 2008 9:50 pm

+1....thanks for the towing write up for our darksides! Why would anyone pull a trailer without a darkside tire on.....why would you ride a ride a cruiser without a darkside????? hehehehe

..........................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  nodakbassmaster Thu May 22, 2008 12:40 am

great to hear! I suspected that tire could take everything we could put it through and then some! Cool
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down